Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Resources
- All dogs must be licensed and vaccinated before entering a dog park.
- Dogs less than four months old are not permitted in a dog park.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed in a dog park at any time.
- No food is allowed within the boundaries of a dog park.
- A handler/guardian may bring in no more than three dogs at a time.
- Professional dog trainers may not use any dog parks to conduct business, unless sponsored by Arlington County.
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting a dog park.
- Handlers/guardians must be in possession of their dog’s leash at all times.
- Handlers/guardians must remain with their dog and be in view of their dog at all times.
- Handlers/guardians are responsible for the removing dog waste from a dog park and disposing of it in a proper receptacle.
- Dogs must be removed at the first sign of aggression. Aggressive dogs shall not be permitted within any designated off-leash dog parks. An “aggressive dog” is defined as a dog that poses a threat to humans or other animals.
- Handlers/guardians are legally responsible for their dog and any injury caused by them.
- Handlers/guardians must not allow their dogs to bark on a continuous or frequent basis.
- It is unlawful for any person who owns, possesses or harbors a dog to permit that dog to create a frequent or continued noise disturbance across a real property boundary or within a nearby dwelling unit. (County Code)
- Handlers/guardians, prior to leaving a dog park, must fill holes dug by their dog.
- Dog grooming is not allowed in any dog park, unless it is part of an Arlington County sponsored program.
- Parents must be in control of their children at all times in a dog park.
- Violations of the leash law, pooper-scooper law and running-at-large law can result in a summons to appear in court and a fine of $100.
- Both rabies vaccination tags and County Dog License tags are required to be secured on your dog’s collar at all times. License your dog today.
All animal bites should be reported immediately to the Department of Animal Control located at the Animal Welfare League of Arlington at 703-931-9241 or 2650 South Arlington Mill Drive, Arlington, VA 22206.
Please Arlington’s Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Resources with questions or recommendations regarding the community canine areas
- Source: https://parks.arlingtonva.us/parksfacilities/dog-parks/dog-parks-rules-regulations/